In association with:
IS DRIVING NON-STOP----
ALL THE WAY AROUND THE WORLD!!
Team Lab Rover is one of 43 select teams whose goal is to challenge the clock in a race covering over 37,000 kilometers through more than 25 countries!
Proposed Stages & Routes: Start -11/25/01 (1) London to Calcuta (2) Bangkok to Singapore (3) Perth to Sydney (4) Anchorage to Orlando (5) Quito to Buenos Aires
(6) Agadir to London - Finish - 01/30/02
Activities & Educational Opportunities:
- Amateur Radio real-time two-way voice contact via Special Events Station
- Daily E-mail: Correspondence/updates - Q & A - Digital photo & art work posting - Journal Entries and Creative Writing exercises
- Web Based Activities: Discussion forums: Student safe chat room, Teacher/Student BBS; On-line classroom Acidities; Daily streamed audio & video reports; GPS map positioning
- On-line Web Quest, Sampler, Treasure Hunt & Writing Lab activities participation
- Student/classroom interaction between participating schools
- Teacher interaction and idea exchange
- "School Partnering" Program
- International school enrollment
- School visitations en-route
Join this "virtual" Around The World trip right from your school or home!
- Internet access & E-mail access
- Amateur radio or "short wave radio" access (optional)
- Desire to travel & have FUN (MANDATORY!!)
E-mail the team at: email@example.com Who is Team Lab Rover?